Légy szíves próbálj meg normálisan viselkedni!
Please try-you(imp.) normally to-behave!
Please try to behave in a normal way!
Nem tudok veled társaságba menni, ha nem tudsz viselkedni.
Not can-I with-you company-into to-go, if not can-you to-behave.
I cannot meet people with you if you cannot behave.
barbár – barbarian, barbaric (n. & adj.)
civilizált – civilized
illedelmes / illedelmesség – decent / decency
modor – manners
nevelés – nurture, upbringing
stílus – literally “style”, but also used as the behavioural style – how well one can behave
Not to be confused with:
visel – to wear
Did you like today’s word? Do you have a favourite memory hook for it or do you get it into your brain in a completely different way? Did we miss something in the explanation?
Share your thoughts, word visualizations or learning tips below in the comments and remember, the more you use a new word, the easier it will stick in your memory!
Wanna learn more?
- FREE Course: The Fast Lane to Understand Hungarian!
- Smart Hungarian Audio Course: Finally Understand Natural, Spoken Hungarian!
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Learn the Hungarian Present Tense (in 30 Minutes)
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Everything You Need to Know about “Meg”
- 23 Awesome Hungarian Words that Don’t Exist in English
- 35 Good Reasons You Should Bother Learning Hungarian
- Learn Hungarian Passively: 8 Ways to integrate Hungarian into your Everyday-Life
- Learn the Hungarian Numbers in 9 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)
- Learn the Hungarian Alphabet in 4 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)