Nem vagyunk egyformák, de hasonlítunk.
Not are-we same(pl.)., but similar-are-we.
We’re not the same, but similar.
Az ikrek annyira egyformák, mint két tojás.
Twins so-much identical(pl.), as two eggs.
Twins are as identical as two eggs.
egyenlő – equal
hasonló – similar
iker / ikrer – twin / twins
(valami) megegyezik (valamivel) – something is the same as something else
ugyanakkor – at the same time
ugyanannyi – the same amount
ugyanaz – the same thing
ugyanolyan – another word for “identical” & “same”
Not to be confused with:
egy forma – a form
Did you like today’s word? Do you have a favourite memory hook for it or do you get it into your brain in a completely different way? Did we miss something in the explanation?
Share your thoughts, word visualizations or learning tips below in the comments and remember, the more you use a new word, the easier it will stick in your memory!
Wanna learn more?
- FREE Course: The Fast Lane to Understand Hungarian!
- Smart Hungarian Audio Course: Finally Understand Natural, Spoken Hungarian!
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Learn the Hungarian Present Tense (in 30 Minutes)
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Everything You Need to Know about “Meg”
- 23 Awesome Hungarian Words that Don’t Exist in English
- 35 Good Reasons You Should Bother Learning Hungarian
- Learn Hungarian Passively: 8 Ways to integrate Hungarian into your Everyday-Life
- Learn the Hungarian Numbers in 9 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)
- Learn the Hungarian Alphabet in 4 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)