crazy, wicked, insane
Néha őrült döntéseket hozok.
Sometimes crazy decisions(acc.) bring-I.
Sometimes I make crazy decisions.
Az elmebetegség nem egyenlő az őrültséggel.
The mental-illness not equal the craziness-with.
Being mentally ill is not the same as being crazy.
elme – mind (n.)
elmebeteg – mentally ill
elmebetegség – mental illness
józan – sober
kattant – another (colloquial) term for “crazy”
kiszámíthatatlan – unpredictable
labilis – unstable
pszichiátria – psychiatry, psychiatric ward
zavarodott – confused, tangled
Not to be confused with:
örül – to be happy
örült – past tense of “to be happy”
Did you like today’s word? Do you have a favourite memory hook for it or do you get it into your brain in a completely different way? Did we miss something in the explanation?
Share your thoughts, word visualizations or learning tips below in the comments and remember, the more you use a new word, the easier it will stick in your memory!
Wanna learn more?
- FREE Course: The Fast Lane to Understand Hungarian!
- Smart Hungarian Audio Course: Finally Understand Natural, Spoken Hungarian!
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Learn the Hungarian Present Tense (in 30 Minutes)
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Everything You Need to Know about “Meg”
- 23 Awesome Hungarian Words that Don’t Exist in English
- 35 Good Reasons You Should Bother Learning Hungarian
- Learn Hungarian Passively: 8 Ways to integrate Hungarian into your Everyday-Life
- Learn the Hungarian Numbers in 9 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)
- Learn the Hungarian Alphabet in 4 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)