Mindenki megérdemel még egy esélyt.
Everybody deserves yet one chance(acc.).
Everyone deserves another chance.
Az öcsém jól sportol, de nincs esélye indulni az olimpián.
The younger-brother-my good does-sports, but not-exists chance-him to-start the Olympics-on.
My younger brother is a good sportsman but doesn’t have a chance going to the Olympics.
esélyes – likely
esélytelen – no way, off-limits, chanceless
körülmény – circumstance
lottó – lottery
siker – success
sorsol – to draw lots
szerencse – luck
Not to be confused with
esik – fall
Did you like today’s word? Do you have a favourite memory hook for it or do you get it into your brain in a completely different way? Did we miss something in the explanation?
Share your thoughts, word visualizations or learning tips below in the comments and remember, the more you use a new word, the easier it will stick in your memory!
Wanna learn more?
- FREE Course: The Fast Lane to Understand Hungarian!
- Smart Hungarian Audio Course: Finally Understand Natural, Spoken Hungarian!
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Learn the Hungarian Present Tense (in 30 Minutes)
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Everything You Need to Know about “Meg”
- 23 Awesome Hungarian Words that Don’t Exist in English
- 35 Good Reasons You Should Bother Learning Hungarian
- Learn Hungarian Passively: 8 Ways to integrate Hungarian into your Everyday-Life
- Learn the Hungarian Numbers in 9 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)
- Learn the Hungarian Alphabet in 4 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)