for all I care, I don’t mind
Felőlem mehetünk holnap moziba!
For-all-I-care go-can-we tomorrow cinema-into!
We can go to the cinema tomorrow, for all I care.
Felőlem aztán azt csinálsz, amit akarsz!
For-all-I-care [aztán = enhancement in this case] that(acc.) do-you, what want-you!
You can do whatever you want, for all I care!
(valami) felől – from the direction of (so. / sth.) – “felőlem” literally means “Coming from my direction”
akárhol – wherever
akármi / bármi – whatever
akármikor – whenever
nekem mindegy – I’m indifferent; I don’t mind (literally: for-me all-one – it’s all the same for me)
nekem nyolc – same meaning, as “nekem mindegy”, but more colloquial; literally meaning “For me it’s eight.”
Did you like today’s word? Do you have a favourite memory hook for it or do you get it into your brain in a completely different way? Did we miss something in the explanation?
Share your thoughts, word visualizations or learning tips below in the comments and remember, the more you use a new word, the easier it will stick in your memory!
Wanna learn more?
- FREE Course: The Fast Lane to Understand Hungarian!
- Smart Hungarian Audio Course: Finally Understand Natural, Spoken Hungarian!
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Learn the Hungarian Present Tense (in 30 Minutes)
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Everything You Need to Know about “Meg”
- 23 Awesome Hungarian Words that Don’t Exist in English
- 35 Good Reasons You Should Bother Learning Hungarian
- Learn Hungarian Passively: 8 Ways to integrate Hungarian into your Everyday-Life
- Learn the Hungarian Numbers in 9 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)
- Learn the Hungarian Alphabet in 4 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)