Karácsonyfának általában fenyőt használnak.
Christmas-tree-for usually fir(acc.) use-they.
Mostly firs act as Christmas trees.
A fenyők örökzöldek.
The firs evergreens.
Firs are evergreens.
dísz – ornamentation
díszít – to decorate
fa – tree
gyanta – resin
kolofónium – rosin
örökzöld – evergreen
toboz – fir cone
tűlevelű – conifer
zöld – green
Pronunciation of today’s word:
Pronunciation of the Example Sentences:
This the bus-stop only temporary, until build-it-they the new terminal(acc.).
This bus stop is only temporary until they’re building the new terminal.
The temporary director very good work(acc.) accomplished.
The temporary director did a very good job.
Pronunciation of the Related Terms:
Did you like today’s word? Do you have a favorite memory hook for it or do you get it into your brain in a completely different way? Did we miss something in the explanation?
Share your thoughts, word visualizations or learning tips below in the comments and remember, the more you use a new word, the easier it will stick in your memory!
Wanna learn more?
- FREE Course: The Fast Lane to Understand Hungarian!
- Smart Hungarian Audio Course: Finally Understand Natural, Spoken Hungarian!
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Learn the Hungarian Present Tense (in 30 Minutes)
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Everything You Need to Know about “Meg”
- 23 Awesome Hungarian Words that Don’t Exist in English
- 35 Good Reasons You Should Bother Learning Hungarian
- Learn Hungarian Passively: 8 Ways to integrate Hungarian into your Everyday-Life
- Learn the Hungarian Numbers in 9 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)
- Learn the Hungarian Alphabet in 4 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)