Ízetlen ez a leves; nincs jól fűszerezve.
Tasteless this the soup; not-is well spiced.
This soup is tasteless; it isn’t spiced well.
Főleg a fűszerek miatt különleges a délkelet-ázsiai konyha.
Mainly the spices because-of special the Southeast Asian cuisine.
The spices are what make the Southeast Asian cuisine so special.
babérlevél – bayleaf (a frequent ingredient in the Hungarian cuisine)
bazsalikom – basil
bors – pepper
csípős – spicy (literally: stingy)
erős – another word used for “spicy” (literally: strong)
erőspaprika – spicy paprika (typical for Hungarian dishes)
fahéj – cinnamon
fű – grass
konyha – kitchen, cuisine
só – salt
oregánó – oregano
Did you like today’s word? Do you have a favourite memory hook for it or do you get it into your brain in a completely different way? Did we miss something in the explanation?
Share your thoughts, word visualizations or learning tips below in the comments and remember, the more you use a new word, the easier it will stick in your memory!
Wanna learn more?
- FREE Course: The Fast Lane to Understand Hungarian!
- Smart Hungarian Audio Course: Finally Understand Natural, Spoken Hungarian!
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Learn the Hungarian Present Tense (in 30 Minutes)
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Everything You Need to Know about “Meg”
- 23 Awesome Hungarian Words that Don’t Exist in English
- 35 Good Reasons You Should Bother Learning Hungarian
- Learn Hungarian Passively: 8 Ways to integrate Hungarian into your Everyday-Life
- Learn the Hungarian Numbers in 9 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)
- Learn the Hungarian Alphabet in 4 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)