GAS business made him rich as DAGobert (Duck).
Ha nem is pénzben, de élményekben egyre gazdagabb vagyok.
I’m getting richer and richer not money-wise, but in experience.
[If not also money-in, but experiences-in richer-and-richer am-I.]
A gazdagság se nem gyógyít, se nem tesz boldoggá.
Wealth doesn’t make you neither healthy, nor happy.
[The wealth neither not cures, neither not makes happy-to.]
gazdagság – wealth
pénz – money
apró – change (money) (literally: “tiny”)
papírpénz – bill (money) (literally: “paper-money”)
szegény – poor
Not to be confused with:
gazda – farmer
gazdaság – economy
Did you like today’s word? Do you have a favourite memory hook for it or do you get it into your brain in a completely different way? Did we miss something in the explanation?
Share your thoughts, word visualizations or learning tips below in the comments and remember, the more you use a new word, the easier it will stick in your memory!
Wanna learn more?
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Learn the Hungarian Present Tense (in 30 Minutes)
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Everything You Need to Know about “Meg”
- 23 Awesome Hungarian Words that Don’t Exist in English
- 35 Good Reasons You Should Bother Learning Hungarian
- Learn Hungarian Passively: 8 Ways to integrate Hungarian into your Everyday-Life
- Learn the Hungarian Numbers in 9 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)
- Learn the Hungarian Alphabet in 4 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!