Szeretem a gombát; jó íze van.
Like-I the mushroom(acc.), good taste-its has.
I like mushrooms; they taste good.
A lábgomba idegesítő, de nem veszélyes.
The foot-fungus annyoying, but not dangerous.
Foot fungus is annoying but not dangerous.
ételmérgezés – food poisoning
gombapörkölt – Hungarian Mushroom Stew
hüvelygomba – vaginal yeast infection
lábgomba – foot fungus
méreg – poison
mérges gomba – toadstool
növény – plant
Did you like today’s word? Do you have a favourite memory hook for it or do you get it into your brain in a completely different way? Did we miss something in the explanation?
Share your thoughts, word visualizations or learning tips below in the comments and remember, the more you use a new word, the easier it will stick in your memory!
Wanna learn more?
- FREE Course: The Fast Lane to Understand Hungarian!
- Smart Hungarian Audio Course: Finally Understand Natural, Spoken Hungarian!
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Learn the Hungarian Present Tense (in 30 Minutes)
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Everything You Need to Know about “Meg”
- 23 Awesome Hungarian Words that Don’t Exist in English
- 35 Good Reasons You Should Bother Learning Hungarian
- Learn Hungarian Passively: 8 Ways to integrate Hungarian into your Everyday-Life
- Learn the Hungarian Numbers in 9 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)
- Learn the Hungarian Alphabet in 4 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)