to suggest, to propose (not romantically!)
Azt javaslom, hogy ne menj ma már sehova.
That(acc.) suggest-I, that not go-you today anymore nowhere.
I suggest you go nowhere today anymore.
Ezt a kávézót javasolták nekem.
This(acc.) the café suggested-they for-me.
This café was suggested to me.
ajánl – to recommend
ajánlat – recommendation, offer
ellenjavaslat – counterproposal
javaslat – suggestion, proposal
tanács / tanácsol – advice / to advise
Did you like today’s word? Do you have a favourite memory hook for it or do you get it into your brain in a completely different way? Did we miss something in the explanation?
Share your thoughts, word visualizations or learning tips below in the comments and remember, the more you use a new word, the easier it will stick in your memory!
Wanna learn more?
- FREE Course: The Fast Lane to Understand Hungarian!
- Smart Hungarian Audio Course: Finally Understand Natural, Spoken Hungarian!
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Learn the Hungarian Present Tense (in 30 Minutes)
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Everything You Need to Know about “Meg”
- 23 Awesome Hungarian Words that Don’t Exist in English
- 35 Good Reasons You Should Bother Learning Hungarian
- Learn Hungarian Passively: 8 Ways to integrate Hungarian into your Everyday-Life
- Learn the Hungarian Numbers in 9 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)
- Learn the Hungarian Alphabet in 4 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)