A GORE is a sector of a curved surface
Sárga bögre, görbe bögre. (A Hungarian tongue-twister – try to say it out loud multiple times in a row!)
Yellow mug, curved mug.
[Yellow mug, curved mug.]
A hattyúnak görbe a nyaka.
A swan has a bent neck.
[The swan-to bent the neck-of.]
egyenes – straight
kanyar – curve
ferde – crooked / awry
Did you like today’s word? Do you have a favourite memory hook for it or do you get it into your brain in a completely different way? Did we miss something in the explanation?
Share your thoughts, word visualizations or learning tips below in the comments and remember, the more you use a new word, the easier it will stick in your memory!
Wanna learn more?
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Learn the Hungarian Present Tense (in 30 Minutes)
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Everything You Need to Know about “Meg”
- 23 Awesome Hungarian Words that Don’t Exist in English
- 35 Good Reasons You Should Bother Learning Hungarian
- Learn Hungarian Passively: 8 Ways to integrate Hungarian into your Everyday-Life
- Learn the Hungarian Numbers in 9 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)
- Learn the Hungarian Alphabet in 4 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)