A gyilkos elmenekült a tetthelyről.
The murderer escaped the crime-scene-from.
The murderer escaped the crime scene.
Soha nem kapták el a gyilkost.
Never not caught-they away the murderer.
The murderer was never caught.
áldozat – victim
bérgyilkos – hitman
börtön – jail
cserbenhagyás – hit and run
fegyver – gun
gonosz – evil
gyilkol – to kill
lő – to shoot
mészárol – to massacre
öl – to kill (with less brutality than “gyilkol”)
önvédelem – self defence
szemtanú – witness
tettes – offender, culprit
tetthely – crime scene
tömegmészárlás – mass slaughter
ügyvéd – attorney
vadászik – to hunt
Did you like today’s word? Do you have a favourite memory hook for it or do you get it into your brain in a completely different way? Did we miss something in the explanation?
Share your thoughts, word visualizations or learning tips below in the comments and remember, the more you use a new word, the easier it will stick in your memory!
Wanna learn more?
- FREE Course: The Fast Lane to Understand Hungarian!
- Smart Hungarian Audio Course: Finally Understand Natural, Spoken Hungarian!
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: The 10 Most Important Hungarian Verbs (and how to Use them)
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Learn the Hungarian Present Tense (in 30 Minutes)
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Everything You Need to Know about “Meg”
- 23 Awesome Hungarian Words that Don’t Exist in English
- 35 Good Reasons You Should Bother Learning Hungarian
- Learn Hungarian Passively: 8 Ways to integrate Hungarian into your Everyday-Life
- Learn the Hungarian Numbers in 9 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)
- Learn the Hungarian Alphabet in 4 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)