A boltból néha csak úgy eltűnik egy-egy dolog.
The store-out-of just like-that sometimes disappears one-one-thing.
One or the other thing sometimes just disappears from the store.
A politikusok általában eltűnnek egy botrány után.
The politicians usually disappear a scandal after.
Politicians usually disappear after a scandal.
beöltözik – to wear a costume
elrejt (valamit) – to hide (sth.)
elrejtőzik – to hide (yourself)
elveszt – to lose (a thing)
elvész – to become lost
köddé válik – another, more poetic term for “to disappear” (literally: to become mist)
láthatatlan – invisible
megjelenik – to appear
megszűnik – to cease
jelmez – costume
rejtekhely – hideout, hiding place
rejtőzködik – to be hiding
tűnik – to appear as sth.
Did you like today’s word? Do you have a favourite memory hook for it or do you get it into your brain in a completely different way? Did we miss something in the explanation?
Share your thoughts, word visualizations or learning tips below in the comments and remember, the more you use a new word, the easier it will stick in your memory!
Wanna learn more?
- FREE Course: The Fast Lane to Understand Hungarian!
- Smart Hungarian Audio Course: Finally Understand Natural, Spoken Hungarian!
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: The 10 Most Important Hungarian Verbs (and how to Use them)
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Learn the Hungarian Present Tense (in 30 Minutes)
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Everything You Need to Know about “Meg”
- 23 Awesome Hungarian Words that Don’t Exist in English
- 35 Good Reasons You Should Bother Learning Hungarian
- Learn Hungarian Passively: 8 Ways to integrate Hungarian into your Everyday-Life
- Learn the Hungarian Numbers in 9 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)
- Learn the Hungarian Alphabet in 4 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)