You have to feed it and not EAT IT.
Minden este megetetem a kutyákat.
I feed the dogs every night.
[Every night feed-I the dogs.] – Read more about the prefix “meg” here.
Tilos etetni az állatokat!
It’s forbidden to feed the animals.
[Forbidden feed the animals!]
itat – to give someone / sth. sth. to drink
étel – food
ital – beverage
Did you like today’s word? Do you have a favourite memory hook for it or do you get it into your brain in a completely different way? Did we miss something in the explanation?
Share your thoughts, word visualizations or learning tips below in the comments and remember, the more you use a new word, the easier it will stick in your memory!
Wanna learn more?
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Learn the Hungarian Present Tense (in 30 Minutes)
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Everything You Need to Know about “Meg”
- 23 Awesome Hungarian Words that Don’t Exist in English
- 35 Good Reasons You Should Bother Learning Hungarian
- Learn Hungarian Passively: 8 Ways to integrate Hungarian into your Everyday-Life
- Learn the Hungarian Numbers in 9 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)
- Learn the Hungarian Alphabet in 4 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)