fight, combat, struggle
Rossz hozzáállással az élet egy harc.
With the wrong attitude life is a struggle.
[Bad attitude-with the life a struggle.]
A testvérek közötti harc természetes.
Fights between siblings are natural.
[The siblings between-y fight natural.]
harcol – to fight, to struggle
harcias – belligerent, confrontational
veszekedés – (verbal) fight (e.g. between friends and family) (n.)
vita – debate (n.)
háború – war
seb – wound
Not to be confused with:
karc – scratch
Did you like today’s word? Do you have a favourite memory hook for it or do you get it into your brain in a completely different way? Did we miss something in the explanation?
Share your thoughts, word visualizations or learning tips below in the comments and remember, the more you use a new word, the easier it will stick in your memory!
Wanna learn more?
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Learn the Hungarian Present Tense (in 30 Minutes)
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Everything You Need to Know about “Meg”
- 23 Awesome Hungarian Words that Don’t Exist in English
- 35 Good Reasons You Should Bother Learning Hungarian
- Learn Hungarian Passively: 8 Ways to integrate Hungarian into your Everyday-Life
- Learn the Hungarian Numbers in 9 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)
- Learn the Hungarian Alphabet in 4 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)