also: drum (n.)
Tegnap egy gyerek hógolyót dobott felém.
Yesterday a kid threw a snowball into my direction.
[Yesterday a kid snow-ball(ac..) threw into-my-direction.]
A dob fontos hangszere a zenekaroknak.
The drum is an important instrument of an orchestra.
[The drum important instrument-its the orchestra-they-for.]
dobás – throw (n.)
dobálózik – to throw about / to throw around
elkap – to catch
labda – ball
rúg – to kick
Did you like today’s word? Do you have a favourite memory hook for it or do you get it into your brain in a completely different way? Did we miss something in the explanation?
Share your thoughts, word visualizations or learning tips below in the comments and remember, the more you use a new word, the easier it will stick in your memory!
Wanna learn more?
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Learn the Hungarian Present Tense (in 30 Minutes)
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Everything You Need to Know about “Meg”
- 23 Awesome Hungarian Words that Don’t Exist in English
- 35 Good Reasons You Should Bother Learning Hungarian
- Learn Hungarian Passively: 8 Ways to integrate Hungarian into your Everyday-Life
- Learn the Hungarian Numbers in 9 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)
- Learn the Hungarian Alphabet in 4 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)