home (also used for home country)
Holnap végre megyek haza.
Tomorrow finally go-I home.
Tomorrow I’m finally going home.
Nem mindenki szereti a hazáját.
Not everyone likes the home(-country)-theirs.
Not everyone likes their home country.
éllettér – habitat
hazafele – homewards, on the way home
ház – house
lakás – flat
lakcím – home address
lakóhely – place of residence
otthon – home (more used for the specific lace (house or flat) one lives in, than the home country)
otthonos – homely
születik valahova – to be born somewhere
Did you like today’s word? Do you have a favourite memory hook for it or do you get it into your brain in a completely different way? Did we miss something in the explanation?
Share your thoughts, word visualizations or learning tips below in the comments and remember, the more you use a new word, the easier it will stick in your memory!
Wanna learn more?
- FREE Course: The Fast Lane to Understand Hungarian!
- Smart Hungarian Audio Course: Finally Understand Natural, Spoken Hungarian!
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Learn the Hungarian Present Tense (in 30 Minutes)
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Everything You Need to Know about “Meg”
- 23 Awesome Hungarian Words that Don’t Exist in English
- 35 Good Reasons You Should Bother Learning Hungarian
- Learn Hungarian Passively: 8 Ways to integrate Hungarian into your Everyday-Life
- Learn the Hungarian Numbers in 9 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)
- Learn the Hungarian Alphabet in 4 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)