Az a helyzet, hogy nem tudunk menni, mert esik az eső.
The thing (situation) is that we cannot go because it’s raining.
[That the situation, that not can-we to-go, because falls the rain.]
A jó anyagi helyzet biztonságot ad.
A good financial situation provides security.
[The good financial situation security(acc.) gives.]
aktuális helyzet – current situation
Az a helyzet, hogy… – The thing is, that…
hely – place
helyez – to place, to position
Mi a helyzet? – What’s up?
patthelyzet – standoff
pozíció – position
vészhelyzet – emergency (situation)
Did you like today’s word? Do you have a favourite memory hook for it or do you get it into your brain in a completely different way? Did we miss something in the explanation?
Share your thoughts, word visualizations or learning tips below in the comments and remember, the more you use a new word, the easier it will stick in your memory!
Wanna learn more?
- FREE Course: The Fast Lane to Understand Hungarian!
- Smart Hungarian Audio Course: Finally Understand Natural, Spoken Hungarian!
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Learn the Hungarian Present Tense (in 30 Minutes)
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Everything You Need to Know about “Meg”
- 23 Awesome Hungarian Words that Don’t Exist in English
- 35 Good Reasons You Should Bother Learning Hungarian
- Learn Hungarian Passively: 8 Ways to integrate Hungarian into your Everyday-Life
- Learn the Hungarian Numbers in 9 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)
- Learn the Hungarian Alphabet in 4 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)