I’m lying on the sandy beach in the HAMMOCK.
Jobban szeretem a köves tengerpartot, mint a homokosat.
I like stoney beaches more than sandy ones.
[Better like-I the stoney beach(acc.), than the sandy(acc.).]
Imádok mezítláb sétálni a homokban.
I love to walk barefoot in the sand.
[Love-I barefoot walk the sand-in.]
strand – beach
homokozó – sandbox
homokos – gay (pejorative / offensive); lit. “sandy”
Did you like today’s word? Do you have a favourite memory hook for it or do you get it into your brain in a completely different way? Did we miss something in the explanation?
Share your thoughts, word visualizations or learning tips below in the comments and remember, the more you use a new word, the easier it will stick in your memory!
Wanna learn more?
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Learn the Hungarian Present Tense (in 30 Minutes)
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Everything You Need to Know about “Meg”
- 23 Awesome Hungarian Words that Don’t Exist in English
- 35 Good Reasons You Should Bother Learning Hungarian
- Learn Hungarian Passively: 8 Ways to integrate Hungarian into your Everyday-Life
- Learn the Hungarian Numbers in 9 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)
- Learn the Hungarian Alphabet in 4 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)