warm, gay (not pejorative)
MEL loves to eat warm EGGs.
Sajnos túl sok országban még nagyon elterjedt a melegek elleni gyűlölet.
Unfortunately, hate against gay people is widespread in way too many countries.
[Unfortunately too many country-in still very widespread the gays against-y hate.]
Nyáron melegem van, télen fázom.
During summer I feel hot, while during winter I’m freezing.
[Summer-on warm-my is, winter-on freeze-I.]
hideg – cold
langyos – lukewarm
homoszexuális – homosexual
melegfelvonulás – Budapest Pride Festival
melege van – to feel hot, warm
fázik – to freeze
Did you like today’s word? Do you have a favourite memory hook for it or do you get it into your brain in a completely different way? Did we miss something in the explanation?
Share your thoughts, word visualizations or learning tips below in the comments and remember, the more you use a new word, the easier it will stick in your memory!
Wanna learn more?
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Learn the Hungarian Present Tense (in 30 Minutes)
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Everything You Need to Know about “Meg”
- 23 Awesome Hungarian Words that Don’t Exist in English
- 35 Good Reasons You Should Bother Learning Hungarian
- Learn Hungarian Passively: 8 Ways to integrate Hungarian into your Everyday-Life
- Learn the Hungarian Numbers in 9 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)
- Learn the Hungarian Alphabet in 4 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)