To wear; to carry something in an ongoing, repeating process
He HARDly wears socks.
Állandóan ugyanazt a farmert hordom.
I’m wearing the same jeans constantly.
[Comstantly same(acc.) the jeans(acc.) wear-I.]
Egész nap hordtam a havat az ajtó elől.
I was shovelling the snow away from my doorstep the whole day.
[Whole day carried-I the snow the door away-from.]
lehord – to scold & to blackguard / run down so. / sth.
Not to be confused with
horda – herd
hordó – barrel
Did you like today’s word? Do you have a favourite memory hook for it or do you get it into your brain in a completely different way? Did we miss something in the explanation?
Share your thoughts, word visualizations or learning tips below in the comments and remember, the more you use a new word, the easier it will stick in your memory!
Wanna learn more?
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Learn the Hungarian Present Tense (in 30 Minutes)
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Everything You Need to Know about “Meg”
- 23 Awesome Hungarian Words that Don’t Exist in English
- 35 Good Reasons You Should Bother Learning Hungarian
- Learn Hungarian Passively: 8 Ways to integrate Hungarian into your Everyday-Life
- Learn the Hungarian Numbers in 9 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)
- Learn the Hungarian Alphabet in 4 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)