Engedek magamnak egy forró kádat.
Let-I myself-for a hot bath(acc.).
I’ll run myself a hot bath.
Anna már egy órája a kádban ül.
Anna already an hour-ago the bathtub-in sits.
Anna is already in the bathtub for an hour.
csap – tap
forró – hot
fürdik – to bath
hab – foam
hideg – cold
jeges – ice cold
víz – water
sampon – shampoo
szappan – soap
törölköző – towel
tusfürdő – shower gel
zuhanyzó / zuhanyzik – shower / to shower
Did you like today’s word? Do you have a favourite memory hook for it or do you get it into your brain in a completely different way? Did we miss something in the explanation?
Share your thoughts, word visualizations or learning tips below in the comments and remember, the more you use a new word, the easier it will stick in your memory!
Wanna learn more?
- FREE Course: The Fast Lane to Understand Hungarian!
- Smart Hungarian Audio Course: Finally Understand Natural, Spoken Hungarian!
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Learn the Hungarian Present Tense (in 30 Minutes)
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Everything You Need to Know about “Meg”
- 23 Awesome Hungarian Words that Don’t Exist in English
- 35 Good Reasons You Should Bother Learning Hungarian
- Learn Hungarian Passively: 8 Ways to integrate Hungarian into your Everyday-Life
- Learn the Hungarian Numbers in 9 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)
- Learn the Hungarian Alphabet in 4 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)