Muszáj mosnom, mert rengeteg szennyesem gyűlt össze.
Obligatory-is to-wash-have-I, because plenty dirty-laundry-my accumulated together.
I really have to wash, because a bunch of dirty laundry of mine has gathered together.
Nincs mosógépem, ezért mosodába viszem a szennyesem.
Not-exists washing-machine-mine, therefore laundry-shop-into bring-I the dirty-laundry-my.
I don’t have a washing machine so I bring my dirty laundry to a laundry shop.
fregoli – drying rack
koszos / piszkos / mocskos – dirty
mos – to wash, to launder
mosoda – laundry shop
mosógép – laundry machine
ruha – clothing
szárít – to dry
tereget – to hang out the laundry
Did you like today’s word? Do you have a favourite memory hook for it or do you get it into your brain in a completely different way? Did we miss something in the explanation?
Share your thoughts, word visualizations or learning tips below in the comments and remember, the more you use a new word, the easier it will stick in your memory!
Wanna learn more?
- FREE Course: The Fast Lane to Understand Hungarian!
- Smart Hungarian Audio Course: Finally Understand Natural, Spoken Hungarian!
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Learn the Hungarian Present Tense (in 30 Minutes)
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Everything You Need to Know about “Meg”
- 23 Awesome Hungarian Words that Don’t Exist in English
- 35 Good Reasons You Should Bother Learning Hungarian
- Learn Hungarian Passively: 8 Ways to integrate Hungarian into your Everyday-Life
- Learn the Hungarian Numbers in 9 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)
- Learn the Hungarian Alphabet in 4 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)