to scream, to yell
Ne kiabálj már, légy szíves!
Please stop screaming already.
[Not scream-you already, please!]
Délkelet Ázsiában nem szokás a nyilvánosságban kiabálni.
In Southeast Asia it’s unusual to yell in public.
[Southeast Asia-in not usual the public-in yell.]
sikít – to shriek
üvölt – to yell louder than when you “kiabál”
ordít – to yell even louder than when you “üvölt”
hangos – loud
suttog – to whisper
Did you like today’s word? Do you have a favourite memory hook for it or do you get it into your brain in a completely different way? Did we miss something in the explanation?
Share your thoughts, word visualizations or learning tips below in the comments and remember, the more you use a new word, the easier it will stick in your memory!
Wanna learn more?
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Learn the Hungarian Present Tense (in 30 Minutes)
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Everything You Need to Know about “Meg”
- 23 Awesome Hungarian Words that Don’t Exist in English
- 35 Good Reasons You Should Bother Learning Hungarian
- Learn Hungarian Passively: 8 Ways to integrate Hungarian into your Everyday-Life
- Learn the Hungarian Numbers in 9 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)
- Learn the Hungarian Alphabet in 4 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)