to lie down, to go to bed
to sleep with someone
Ma megpróbálok kivételesen korán lefeküdni.
Today I’ll try to go to bed early for once.
[Today try-I for-once early go-to-bed.]
Attól még, hogy jól nézel ki, nem akarok veled lefeküdni.
Just because you’re good looking doesn’t mean I want to sleep with you.
[Solely because (attól még = therefrom yet, meaning “solely because”), that good look-you out, not want-I with-you lie-down.]
felkel – to rise, to get out of bed
fekszik – to lie
kel – to get up
alszik – to sleep
szexel – to have sex
Did you like today’s word? Do you have a favourite memory hook for it or do you get it into your brain in a completely different way? Did we miss something in the explanation?
Share your thoughts, word visualizations or learning tips below in the comments and remember, the more you use a new word, the easier it will stick in your memory!
Wanna learn more?
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Learn the Hungarian Present Tense (in 30 Minutes)
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Everything You Need to Know about “Meg”
- 23 Awesome Hungarian Words that Don’t Exist in English
- 35 Good Reasons You Should Bother Learning Hungarian
- Learn Hungarian Passively: 8 Ways to integrate Hungarian into your Everyday-Life
- Learn the Hungarian Numbers in 9 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)
- Learn the Hungarian Alphabet in 4 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)