Ki nem állhatom az öltönyös bulikat.
I cannot stand “suit-parties”. (Parties where everyone is wearing suits and shirts)
[Out not stand-may-I the suity parties.]
Szerencsére nem kell öltönyben járnom dolgozni.
Luckily I don’t have to wear a suit for work.
[Luckily not must suit-in go-I work.]
ing – shirt
kosztüm – coat and skirt
estélyi (ruha) – evening gown
kisestélyi / koktélruha – cocktail dress
dresszkód – dess code
blézer – blazer
nyakkendő – tie
csokornyakkendő – bow-tie
vasal – to iron
Did you like today’s word? Do you have a favourite memory hook for it or do you get it into your brain in a completely different way? Did we miss something in the explanation?
Share your thoughts, word visualizations or learning tips below in the comments and remember, the more you use a new word, the easier it will stick in your memory!
Wanna learn more?
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Learn the Hungarian Present Tense (in 30 Minutes)
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Everything You Need to Know about “Meg”
- 23 Awesome Hungarian Words that Don’t Exist in English
- 35 Good Reasons You Should Bother Learning Hungarian
- Learn Hungarian Passively: 8 Ways to integrate Hungarian into your Everyday-Life
- Learn the Hungarian Numbers in 9 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)
- Learn the Hungarian Alphabet in 4 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)