Amíg valaki lélegzik, addig biztos, hogy él.
Until someone breathes, until-then definite, that is-alive.
As long as someone breathes he or she is definitely alive.
A halak máshogy lélegeznek, mint az emberek.
The fish differently breath-they, than the humans.
Fish breathe differently than humans.
fullad / fuldoklik – to be suffocating
lehellet – breath (the part of it that comes out of your mouth)
levegő – air
lélegzet – breath (n.)
légcső – windpipe
légzés – breathing (n.)
orr – nose
pára – vapor
száj – mouth
szájszag – bad breath (literally: mouth-smell)
tüdő – lung
Did you like today’s word? Do you have a favourite memory hook for it or do you get it into your brain in a completely different way? Did we miss something in the explanation?
Share your thoughts, word visualizations or learning tips below in the comments and remember, the more you use a new word, the easier it will stick in your memory!
Wanna learn more?
- FREE Course: The Fast Lane to Understand Hungarian!
- Smart Hungarian Audio Course: Finally Understand Natural, Spoken Hungarian!
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Learn the Hungarian Present Tense (in 30 Minutes)
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Everything You Need to Know about “Meg”
- 23 Awesome Hungarian Words that Don’t Exist in English
- 35 Good Reasons You Should Bother Learning Hungarian
- Learn Hungarian Passively: 8 Ways to integrate Hungarian into your Everyday-Life
- Learn the Hungarian Numbers in 9 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)
- Learn the Hungarian Alphabet in 4 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!