Lusta vagyok ma edzeni menni.
I’m too lazy to work out today.
[Lazy am-I today work-out go.]
A lustaság nem bűn.
Laziness is not a sin.
[The laziness not sin.]
alszik – to sleep
ásít – to yawn
lóg – to wag sth. / to bunk off sth. (but also:to hang)
lustaság – laziness
lustul / lustálkodik – to be lazy
szorgalmas – diligent
Not to be confused with:
lista – list
Did you like today’s word? Do you have a favourite memory hook for it or do you get it into your brain in a completely different way? Did we miss something in the explanation?
Share your thoughts, word visualizations or learning tips below in the comments and remember, the more you use a new word, the easier it will stick in your memory!
Wanna learn more?
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Learn the Hungarian Present Tense (in 30 Minutes)
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Everything You Need to Know about “Meg”
- 23 Awesome Hungarian Words that Don’t Exist in English
- 35 Good Reasons You Should Bother Learning Hungarian
- Learn Hungarian Passively: 8 Ways to integrate Hungarian into your Everyday-Life
- Learn the Hungarian Numbers in 9 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)
- Learn the Hungarian Alphabet in 4 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)