Ma nem biztos, hogy miniszoknya lesz a megfelelő ruhadarab.
Today not sure, that miniskirt will-be the appropriate cloth-piece.
I’m not sure a miniskirt is the appropriate clothing for today.
Kirúgtam, mert nem volt megfelelő a hozzáállása.
Fired-I, because not was appropriate the attitude-his.
I fired him/her, because his/her attitude wasn’t appropriate.
alkalmas – suitable
helyes – right, correct
kielégít – to satisfy (also sexually)
kielégítő – satisfying, satisfactory
megfelel – to be “enough” – behave appropriately, as expected
megszokott – usual
passzol – to fit
passzoló – fitting
Did you like today’s word? Do you have a favourite memory hook for it or do you get it into your brain in a completely different way? Did we miss something in the explanation?
Share your thoughts, word visualizations or learning tips below in the comments and remember, the more you use a new word, the easier it will stick in your memory!
Wanna learn more?
- FREE Course: The Fast Lane to Understand Hungarian!
- Smart Hungarian Audio Course: Finally Understand Natural, Spoken Hungarian!
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: The 10 Most Important Hungarian Verbs (and how to Use them)
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Learn the Hungarian Present Tense (in 30 Minutes)
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Everything You Need to Know about “Meg”
- 23 Awesome Hungarian Words that Don’t Exist in English
- 35 Good Reasons You Should Bother Learning Hungarian
- Learn Hungarian Passively: 8 Ways to integrate Hungarian into your Everyday-Life
- Learn the Hungarian Numbers in 9 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)
- Learn the Hungarian Alphabet in 4 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)