Mindig a zsebemben hordom a telefonom és a pénztárcám.
I always carry my phone and wallet in my pocket.
[Always the pocket-in carry-I the phone-my and the wallet-my.]
A múltkor kiürítettem a zsebeimet és megtaláltam a személyimet.
Recently I emptied my pockets and found my ID-card.
[The past-time out-emptied-I the pockets-my(acc.) and found-I the ID-my(acc.).]
farzseb – hip pocket
zsebtolvaj – pickpocket
cipzár – zipper
gomb – button
tépőzár – Velcro
Not to be confused with:
seb – wound (n.)
szebb – more beautiful (origin: szép)
Did you like today’s word? Do you have a favourite memory hook for it or do you get it into your brain in a completely different way? Did we miss something in the explanation?
Share your thoughts, word visualizations or learning tips below in the comments and remember, the more you use a new word, the easier it will stick in your memory!
Wanna learn more?
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Learn the Hungarian Present Tense (in 30 Minutes)
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Everything You Need to Know about “Meg”
- 23 Awesome Hungarian Words that Don’t Exist in English
- 35 Good Reasons You Should Bother Learning Hungarian
- Learn Hungarian Passively: 8 Ways to integrate Hungarian into your Everyday-Life
- Learn the Hungarian Numbers in 9 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)
- Learn the Hungarian Alphabet in 4 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)