Végre találtam egy nadrágot, ami jó rám.
Finally I found some trousers that fit me well.
[Finally found-I a pants, which good for-me-on.]
Tegnap sport közben kiszakadt a nadrágom.
I ripped my pants while working out yesterday.
[Yesterday sport whilst out-ripped the pants-my.]
alsónadrág / alsógatya – underpants (men only)
bugyi – knickers
cipzár – zipper
gatya – another, more colloquial term for “nadrág”
gomb – button
harisnya – tights
láb – leg
nadrágszár – trouser leg
slicc – flies (of pants)
tanga – thong
Did you like today’s word? Do you have a favourite memory hook for it or do you get it into your brain in a completely different way? Did we miss something in the explanation?
Share your thoughts, word visualizations or learning tips below in the comments and remember, the more you use a new word, the easier it will stick in your memory!
Wanna learn more?
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Learn the Hungarian Present Tense (in 30 Minutes)
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Everything You Need to Know about “Meg”
- 23 Awesome Hungarian Words that Don’t Exist in English
- 35 Good Reasons You Should Bother Learning Hungarian
- Learn Hungarian Passively: 8 Ways to integrate Hungarian into your Everyday-Life
- Learn the Hungarian Numbers in 9 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)
- Learn the Hungarian Alphabet in 4 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)