Festés közben festékes lett a ruhám.
My clothes became stained during the painting.
[Painting whilst painty became the cloth-my.]
Az akvarellt vízfestéknek is lehet nevezni.
Aquarell is another word for watercolour.
[The aquarell(acc.) watercolour-for as-well possible call.]
fafesték – wood colour
falfesték – wall paint
festmény – painting
szín – colour
színes – colourful
színpaletta – colour palette
tempera – tempera paint
vízfesték – watercolour
Did you like today’s word? Do you have a favourite memory hook for it or do you get it into your brain in a completely different way? Did we miss something in the explanation?
Share your thoughts, word visualizations or learning tips below in the comments and remember, the more you use a new word, the easier it will stick in your memory!
Wanna learn more?
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Learn the Hungarian Present Tense (in 30 Minutes)
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Everything You Need to Know about “Meg”
- 23 Awesome Hungarian Words that Don’t Exist in English
- 35 Good Reasons You Should Bother Learning Hungarian
- Learn Hungarian Passively: 8 Ways to integrate Hungarian into your Everyday-Life
- Learn the Hungarian Numbers in 9 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)
- Learn the Hungarian Alphabet in 4 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)