There are NO plants on VENUs.
A dzsungel a növények és állatok csodálatos világa.
The jungle is the wonderful world of plants and animals.
[The jungle the plants and animals wonderful world-of.]
Egyetlen növényt sem tudok életben tartani a lakásomban.
I cannot keep one single plant alive in my flat.
[One-single plant(acc.) neither can-I life-in keep the flat-my-in.]
nő – to grow —> “növény” literally translates to “something that has grown”. Plus note, that “nő” also means “woman”—> two words with one stone.
állat – animal
gomba – fungus
dzsungel – jungle
erdő – forest
fa – tree
Did you like today’s word? Do you have a favourite memory hook for it or do you get it into your brain in a completely different way? Did we miss something in the explanation?
Share your thoughts, word visualizations or learning tips below in the comments and remember, the more you use a new word, the easier it will stick in your memory!
Wanna learn more?
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Learn the Hungarian Present Tense (in 30 Minutes)
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Everything You Need to Know about “Meg”
- 23 Awesome Hungarian Words that Don’t Exist in English
- 35 Good Reasons You Should Bother Learning Hungarian
- Learn Hungarian Passively: 8 Ways to integrate Hungarian into your Everyday-Life
- Learn the Hungarian Numbers in 9 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)
- Learn the Hungarian Alphabet in 4 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)