OHWAD Weekend Challenge (#97)
It is Sunday and therefore time for our Sunday Summary, or as we call it:
The OHWAD Weekend Challenge
Challenge yourself and take the quiz below in order to repeat this week’s words.
(If you have to cheat, here are the links to this week’s words 1 2 3 4 5 6.)
And now try to build a sentence with the words.
Be creative and let your inner genius shine, it doesn’t’ matter if the sentence doesn’t’ make sense from a logical point of view. It is all about having fun and giving your curious brain new end exciting possibilities to anchor the new words in your memory.
We hope you rocked the thing, or at least had some fun!
And don’t forget to let us know your special sentence in the comments below!
As a reward, you will never ever forget these five words again ?
Wanna learn more?
- How to Learn Hungarian – The Ultimate Guide
- FREE Course: The Fast Lane to Understand Hungarian!
- Smart Hungarian Audio Course: Finally Understand Natural, Spoken Hungarian!
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Learn the Hungarian Present Tense (in 30 Minutes)
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Everything You Need to Know about “Meg”
- 23 Awesome Hungarian Words that Don’t Exist in English
- 35 Good Reasons You Should Bother Learning Hungarian
- Learn Hungarian Passively: 8 Ways to integrate Hungarian into your Everyday-Life
- Learn the Hungarian Numbers in 9 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)
- Learn the Hungarian Alphabet in 4 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)
Régen egy csodálatos nyárig tengerész lettem,
ezt a gyönyörű lehetőséget nagyon élveztem,
hisz a tenger friss levegőjét belélegezhettem,
és nemzetközi kapcsolatokot is köthettem;
igaz, nagylelkű nem volt a havi fizetésem,
de nem is volt nagy akkor a költekezésem;
meg bíztam Istenben erős vihar is között,
míg a hullámok mintája fura formába jött.
I love it! 🙂 You are a real poet!
Just a few very minor corrections:
1. “nyári” instead of “nyárig” (“nyári” means “summer-ish”/”in summer” while “nyárig” means “until summer”
2. “kapcsolatokAt” instead of “kapcsolatokOt” (maybe this was just a typo :))
2. bíztam Istenben erős vihar között is (instead of erős vihar is között) – the good old Hungarian sentence structure…
Hope this helps!! Keep up the good work; I am looking forward to your next sentence or poem 🙂
Thank you very much, Juli, for your positive feedback and kind corrections! Now I would just leave out “is” in #3 to salvage the rhyme, and add a short word elsewhere in that sentence to maintain the rhythm. As for #2, I just momentarily (?) forgot the rule. Whereas in #1, I was thinking about the option “egy…nyárra” (for a/one summer), but felt insecure. Anyway, I am glad you could fix it so easily! 🙂
wonderful! “Nyárra” works perfectly, as well. In this case, it’ll mean for the (whole) summer.
I only knew to answer “opportunity” and not “possibility” for #3 because I asked about it earlier in the week. My guess is that you might have intended to enter “impossibility” instead of “possibility”, because you updated the definition earlier in the week to included both opportunity and possibility – which I also think is a reasonable update for the English meaning when Hungarians are using “Lehetőség”.