Óvatosan menj, nehogy eless!
Carefully go-you, not-that fall-you!
Go carefully and don’t fall!
Nem vagyok egy óvatos ember, ezért sok balesetem volt már.
Not am-I a careful person, therefore many accidents-my existed already.
I’m not a careful person and had many accidents.
baleset – accident
bátor – brave
óv – to protect
óvoda – kindergarten (literally: the protective place J)
óvatlan – careless, unguarded
óvszer – condom
vakmerő – reckless
véd – another word for to protect
vigyáz – to be careful, to take care
Did you like today’s word? Do you have a favourite memory hook for it or do you get it into your brain in a completely different way? Did we miss something in the explanation?
Share your thoughts, word visualizations or learning tips below in the comments and remember, the more you use a new word, the easier it will stick in your memory!
Wanna learn more?
- How to Learn Hungarian – The Ultimate Guide
- FREE Course: The Fast Lane to Understand Hungarian!
- Smart Hungarian Audio Course: Finally Understand Natural, Spoken Hungarian!
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: The 10 Most Important Hungarian Verbs (and how to Use them)
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Learn the Hungarian Present Tense (in 30 Minutes)
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Everything You Need to Know about “Meg”
- 23 Awesome Hungarian Words that Don’t Exist in English
- 35 Good Reasons You Should Bother Learning Hungarian
- Learn Hungarian Passively: 8 Ways to integrate Hungarian into your Everyday-Life
- Learn the Hungarian Numbers in 9 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)
- Learn the Hungarian Alphabet in 4 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!