physical injury, but also: emotional pain
SHE RULEd the matCH until the injury began hurting again.
A sérülés egy kis figyelemmel elkerülhető lett volna.
The injury could’ve been avoided with a little bit of attention.
[The injury a little attention-with avoidable would-have-been.]
A gyerek csak nehezen dolgozta fel a sérülést, amit a szülei válása okozott.
It was hard for the child to come to terms with the emotional pain caused by the divorce of his parents.
[The child only hardly worked up the emotional-pain(acc.), which the parents-his divorce-their caused.]
sérül / megsérül – to get injured
sérült – injured
seb – wound
kötés – bandage
elsősegély – first aid
ragtapasz – plaster
vér – blood
fájdalom – pain
gyógyul – to heal
gyógyulás – healing (n.)
sérelem – offence, harm, grievance
Did you like today’s word? Do you have a favourite memory hook for it or do you get it into your brain in a completely different way? Did we miss something in the explanation?
Share your thoughts, word visualizations or learning tips below in the comments and remember, the more you use a new word, the easier it will stick in your memory!
Wanna learn more?
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Learn the Hungarian Present Tense (in 30 Minutes)
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Everything You Need to Know about “Meg”
- 23 Awesome Hungarian Words that Don’t Exist in English
- 35 Good Reasons You Should Bother Learning Hungarian
- Learn Hungarian Passively: 8 Ways to integrate Hungarian into your Everyday-Life
- Learn the Hungarian Numbers in 9 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)
- Learn the Hungarian Alphabet in 4 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)