Ne zuhanyozz órákig; ne pazarold a vizet!
Not shower-you(imp.) hour-until; not waste-you(imp.) the water(acc.)!
Don’t shower for hours; don’t waste the water!
A fiam minden pénzét cigire és alkoholra pazarolja.
The son-my all money-his(acc.) cigarette-onto and alcohol-onto wastes.
My son wastes al lhis money on cigarettes and alcohol.
hanyag – sloppy, messy, negligent
haszontalan – useless
kidob – to throw out
pazarlás – wastefulness
pazarló – lavish, wasteful
szemét – waste, rubbish, garbage
Did you like today’s word? Do you have a favourite memory hook for it or do you get it into your brain in a completely different way? Did we miss something in the explanation?
Share your thoughts, word visualizations or learning tips below in the comments and remember, the more you use a new word, the easier it will stick in your memory!
Wanna learn more?
- FREE Course: The Fast Lane to Understand Hungarian!
- Smart Hungarian Audio Course: Finally Understand Natural, Spoken Hungarian!
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Learn the Hungarian Present Tense (in 30 Minutes)
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Everything You Need to Know about “Meg”
- 23 Awesome Hungarian Words that Don’t Exist in English
- 35 Good Reasons You Should Bother Learning Hungarian
- Learn Hungarian Passively: 8 Ways to integrate Hungarian into your Everyday-Life
- Learn the Hungarian Numbers in 9 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)
- Learn the Hungarian Alphabet in 4 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)