Persze, persze, most már emlékszem, csak hirtelen nem ugrott be.
Of-course, of-course, now already remember-I, just instantly not jumped-in.
Of course, of course, I remember now, just couldn’t recall it instantly.
Nem bánom, hogy esik az eső, de persze jobb lenne, ha sütne a nap.
Not mind-I, that falls the rain, but of-course better would-be, if shine-would the sun.
I don’t mind the rain but it would of course be better if the sun shone.
biztos – sure, definitely
esetleg – perhaps, possibly
hogyne – of course, obviously (lit.: how-not?)
naná – of course, obviously (colloq.)
nyilván – obviously
talán – maybe
természetesen – of course, obviously (more formal than persze)
valószínűleg – presumably
valszeg – probs (colloq. of valószínűleg that you’ll hear in spoken language)
Did you like today’s word? Do you have a favourite memory hook for it or do you get it into your brain in a completely different way? Did we miss something in the explanation?
Share your thoughts, word visualizations or learning tips below in the comments and remember, the more you use a new word, the easier it will stick in your memory!
Wanna learn more?
- How to Learn Hungarian – The Ultimate Guide
- FREE Course: The Fast Lane to Understand Hungarian!
- Smart Hungarian Audio Course: Finally Understand Natural, Spoken Hungarian!
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: The 10 Most Important Hungarian Verbs (and how to Use them)
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Learn the Hungarian Present Tense (in 30 Minutes)
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Everything You Need to Know about “Meg”
- 23 Awesome Hungarian Words that Don’t Exist in English
- 35 Good Reasons You Should Bother Learning Hungarian
- Learn Hungarian Passively: 8 Ways to integrate Hungarian into your Everyday-Life
- Learn the Hungarian Numbers in 9 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)
- Learn the Hungarian Alphabet in 4 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)