Szeretek néha egyedül lenni.
Like-I sometimes alone to-be.
I sometimes like being alone.
Nem akarom egyedül leélni az életemet.
Not want-I alone down-live the life-mine(acc.).
I don’t want to live my life alone.
egyedi – unique
egyedüli – sole
egyetlen – one and only
egyke – only child
együtt – together
ketten / hárman / négyen… – as two / as three / as four… (people)
magányos – lonely
pár – pair, couple
sokan – with many people
szingli – single (i.e. a person without a romantic partner, colloq.)
Did you like today’s word? Do you have a favourite memory hook for it or do you get it into your brain in a completely different way? Did we miss something in the explanation?
Share your thoughts, word visualizations or learning tips below in the comments and remember, the more you use a new word, the easier it will stick in your memory!
Wanna learn more?
- How to Learn Hungarian – The Ultimate Guide
- FREE Course: The Fast Lane to Understand Hungarian!
- Smart Hungarian Audio Course: Finally Understand Natural, Spoken Hungarian!
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: The 10 Most Important Hungarian Verbs (and how to Use them)
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Learn the Hungarian Present Tense (in 30 Minutes)
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Everything You Need to Know about “Meg”
- 23 Awesome Hungarian Words that Don’t Exist in English
- 35 Good Reasons You Should Bother Learning Hungarian
- Learn Hungarian Passively: 8 Ways to integrate Hungarian into your Everyday-Life
- Learn the Hungarian Numbers in 9 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)
- Learn the Hungarian Alphabet in 4 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)