state (of being)
Szörnyű állapotok vannak itt.
Terrible states are-they here.
Things are in a terrible state.
Tegnap még rossz állapotban voltam, de ma már jobban vagyok.
Yesterday still bad state-in was-I, but today already better am-I.
I was in a bad state yesterday but I feel better today.
áll – to stand
helyzet – situation
hozzáállás – attitude
jelen – present
jelenleg – right now
jellemző – attribute
minőség – quality
mód – mode
működik – to function
státusz – status
Did you like today’s word? Do you have a favourite memory hook for it or do you get it into your brain in a completely different way? Did we miss something in the explanation?
Share your thoughts, word visualizations or learning tips below in the comments and remember, the more you use a new word, the easier it will stick in your memory!
Wanna learn more?
- How to Learn Hungarian – The Ultimate Guide
- FREE Course: The Fast Lane to Understand Hungarian!
- Smart Hungarian Audio Course: Finally Understand Natural, Spoken Hungarian!
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: The 10 Most Important Hungarian Verbs (and how to Use them)
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Learn the Hungarian Present Tense (in 30 Minutes)
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Everything You Need to Know about “Meg”
- 23 Awesome Hungarian Words that Don’t Exist in English
- 35 Good Reasons You Should Bother Learning Hungarian
- Learn Hungarian Passively: 8 Ways to integrate Hungarian into your Everyday-Life
- Learn the Hungarian Numbers in 9 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)
- Learn the Hungarian Alphabet in 4 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)
Not to be confused with állapotos like I once did when young.
You are right!!
Thanks Elizabeth! 🙂 Great addition.