to stroll, to walk
Inkább sétálok, minthogy tömegközlekedéssel menjek.
I rather walk, than to take public transportation.
[Rather walk-I, than public-transporation-with go-shall-I..]
Anyukám minden este elmegy sétálni.
My mom goes for a walk every night.
[Mum-my every evening away-goes to-walk.]
(friss) levegő – (fresh) air
gyalog – afoot, by foot
gyalogol – to go afoot
megy – to go
séta – walk (n.), stroll(n.)
tömegkölekedés – public transportation
vezet – to drive
Did you like today’s word? Do you have a favourite memory hook for it or do you get it into your brain in a completely different way? Did we miss something in the explanation?
Share your thoughts, word visualizations or learning tips below in the comments and remember, the more you use a new word, the easier it will stick in your memory!
Wanna learn more?
- FREE Course: The Fast Lane to Understand Hungarian!
- Smart Hungarian Audio Course: Finally Understand Natural, Spoken Hungarian!
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Learn the Hungarian Present Tense (in 30 Minutes)
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Everything You Need to Know about “Meg”
- 23 Awesome Hungarian Words that Don’t Exist in English
- 35 Good Reasons You Should Bother Learning Hungarian
- Learn Hungarian Passively: 8 Ways to integrate Hungarian into your Everyday-Life
- Learn the Hungarian Numbers in 9 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)
- Learn the Hungarian Alphabet in 4 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)