Sürgősen vennem kell egy télikabátot.
I urgently have to buy a winter coat.
[Urgently buy-I have-to a winter-coat(acc.)]
Valamikor el kell mennem orvoshoz, de nem sürgős.
I have to go tot he doctor at some point, but it’s not urgent.
[At-some-point away have-to go-I the doctor-to, but not urgent.]
azonnal – immediately, instantly
határidő – deadline
most – now
rögtön – another word for immediately, instantly (a bit later than “azonnal”)
sürget – to urge (someone)
sürgősségi osztály – emergency room
Did you like today’s word? Do you have a favourite memory hook for it or do you get it into your brain in a completely different way? Did we miss something in the explanation?
Share your thoughts, word visualizations or learning tips below in the comments and remember, the more you use a new word, the easier it will stick in your memory!
Wanna learn more?
- FREE Course: The Fast Lane to Understand Hungarian!
- Smart Hungarian Audio Course: Finally Understand Natural, Spoken Hungarian!
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Learn the Hungarian Present Tense (in 30 Minutes)
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Everything You Need to Know about “Meg”
- 23 Awesome Hungarian Words that Don’t Exist in English
- 35 Good Reasons You Should Bother Learning Hungarian
- Learn Hungarian Passively: 8 Ways to integrate Hungarian into your Everyday-Life
- Learn the Hungarian Numbers in 9 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)
- Learn the Hungarian Alphabet in 4 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)