I have to find a really TALL And sLim girl.
Tegnap találtam ezer forintot az utcán.
I found 1,000HUF on the street yesterday.
[Yesterday found-I thousand forint(acc.) the street-on.]
Aki keres, talál.
He that seeks, finds.
[Who seeks, finds.]
keres – to seek, to search
megtalál – to find something after searching for it. (See everything you need to know about the prefix “meg” here.)
elveszít – to lose (i.e. to not find)
Not to be confused with:
tálal – to serve, to presens
találkozik – to meet
talán – maybe
Did you like today’s word? Do you have a favourite memory hook for it or do you get it into your brain in a completely different way? Did we miss something in the explanation?
Share your thoughts, word visualizations or learning tips below in the comments and remember, the more you use a new word, the easier it will stick in your memory!
Wanna learn more?
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Learn the Hungarian Present Tense (in 30 Minutes)
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Everything You Need to Know about “Meg”
- 23 Awesome Hungarian Words that Don’t Exist in English
- 35 Good Reasons You Should Bother Learning Hungarian
- Learn Hungarian Passively: 8 Ways to integrate Hungarian into your Everyday-Life
- Learn the Hungarian Numbers in 9 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)
- Learn the Hungarian Alphabet in 4 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)