Pen, biro, feather
Egyre kevesebbet írok tollal; legtöbbször gépelek.
I write less and less with a pen, as I mostly type.
[Less-and-less (“egyre” is kind of the “less and…” before the other “less” write-I pen-with; mostly type-I.]
A pávának van a legszebb tolla.
Peacocks have the nicest feathers.
[The peacock-for exists the most-beautiful feather-of(the peacock).]
tollászkodik – to groom
ceruza – pencil
ír – to write
író – writer (but also: Ayran)
papír – paper
firka / firkál – scribble / to scribble
rajzol – to draw
rajz – drawing
madár – bird
Did you like today’s word? Do you have a favourite memory hook for it or do you get it into your brain in a completely different way? Did we miss something in the explanation?
Share your thoughts, word visualizations or learning tips below in the comments and remember, the more you use a new word, the easier it will stick in your memory!
Wanna learn more?
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Learn the Hungarian Present Tense (in 30 Minutes)
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Everything You Need to Know about “Meg”
- 23 Awesome Hungarian Words that Don’t Exist in English
- 35 Good Reasons You Should Bother Learning Hungarian
- Learn Hungarian Passively: 8 Ways to integrate Hungarian into your Everyday-Life
- Learn the Hungarian Numbers in 9 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)
- Learn the Hungarian Alphabet in 4 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)