to delete, to wipe
Tegnap töröltem egy csomó képet a telefonomról, mert nem volt már rajta hely.
Yesterday deleted-I a knot(i.e. bunch)t picture(acc.) the phone-my-down-from, because not was anymore on-it space.
Yesterday I deleted a bunch of pictures from my phone because I didn’t have any space left on it.
Töröld le légyszi a polcokat, mert nagyon porosak!
Wipe-you(imp.) down please the shelves, because very dusty-they(acc.)!
Please wipe the shelves because they are very dusty.
kuka / szemetes – trash
merevlemez – harddrive
tárhely – disk space
dörzsöl – to rub
felmos – to wipe the floor
felmosórongy – swab
por – dust
porol – to wip the the dust away
rongy – rag
törölköző – towel
Did you like today’s word? Do you have a favourite memory hook for it or do you get it into your brain in a completely different way? Did we miss something in the explanation?
Share your thoughts, word visualizations or learning tips below in the comments and remember, the more you use a new word, the easier it will stick in your memory!
Wanna learn more?
- FREE Course: The Fast Lane to Understand Hungarian!
- Smart Hungarian Audio Course: Finally Understand Natural, Spoken Hungarian!
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Learn the Hungarian Present Tense (in 30 Minutes)
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Everything You Need to Know about “Meg”
- 23 Awesome Hungarian Words that Don’t Exist in English
- 35 Good Reasons You Should Bother Learning Hungarian
- Learn Hungarian Passively: 8 Ways to integrate Hungarian into your Everyday-Life
- Learn the Hungarian Numbers in 9 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)
- Learn the Hungarian Alphabet in 4 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)