pipe (for smoking), tick mark / check mark
Minden helyes válasz mellé tettem egy pipát.
Every correct answer next-to put-I a tick(acc.).
I put a tick next to every correct answer.
A nagypapám soha nem cigizik, de néha beleszív a pipájába.
The grandfather-my never not smokes, but sometimes in-sucks the pipe-his-into.
My grandfather never smokes cigarettes but he sometimes smokes on his pipe.
cigi / cigarette – cigarette
dohány – tobacco
hamu – ashes
szivar – cigar
elintéz (valamit) – to get sth. done with
helyes – correct (adj.)
javít – to correct
válasz – answer
kipipál – to tick off
Did you like today’s word? Do you have a favourite memory hook for it or do you get it into your brain in a completely different way? Did we miss something in the explanation?
Share your thoughts, word visualizations or learning tips below in the comments and remember, the more you use a new word, the easier it will stick in your memory!
Wanna learn more?
- FREE Course: The Fast Lane to Understand Hungarian!
- Smart Hungarian Audio Course: Finally Understand Natural, Spoken Hungarian!
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Learn the Hungarian Present Tense (in 30 Minutes)
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Everything You Need to Know about “Meg”
- 23 Awesome Hungarian Words that Don’t Exist in English
- 35 Good Reasons You Should Bother Learning Hungarian
- Learn Hungarian Passively: 8 Ways to integrate Hungarian into your Everyday-Life
- Learn the Hungarian Numbers in 9 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)
- Learn the Hungarian Alphabet in 4 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)