Ideje elkezdenem szervezni a szülinapom.
It’s-time away-start-I to-organize the birthday-my.
It’s time to start organizing my birthday.
Sokszor a szervezés tovább tart, mint maga az esemény.
Often the organization longer lasts, than itself the event.
The organization often takes longer than the event itself.
alapos – thorough, meticulous
rendez – to order (i.e. to bring order into sth.)
szervezkedik – to be busy with organizing sth.
szervezet – organization
szervezetlen – unorganized
szervezett – organized
Not to be confused with:
szerv – organ
szerves – organic
although “szervez” is derived from “szerv” (just like to organize is derived from “organ”). Literally, it means to make sth. organic.
Did you like today’s word? Do you have a favourite memory hook for it or do you get it into your brain in a completely different way? Did we miss something in the explanation?
Share your thoughts, word visualizations or learning tips below in the comments and remember, the more you use a new word, the easier it will stick in your memory!
Wanna learn more?
- FREE Course: The Fast Lane to Understand Hungarian!
- Smart Hungarian Audio Course: Finally Understand Natural, Spoken Hungarian!
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Learn the Hungarian Present Tense (in 30 Minutes)
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Everything You Need to Know about “Meg”
- 23 Awesome Hungarian Words that Don’t Exist in English
- 35 Good Reasons You Should Bother Learning Hungarian
- Learn Hungarian Passively: 8 Ways to integrate Hungarian into your Everyday-Life
- Learn the Hungarian Numbers in 9 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)
- Learn the Hungarian Alphabet in 4 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)