Én már nem ünneplem a szülinapom.
I don’t celebrate my birthdays anymore.
[I already not celebrate-I the birthday-my.]
A karácsony egy keresztény ünnep.
Christmas is a Christian celebration.
[The Christmas a Christian celebration.]
Nemzeti ünnepeken minden zárva van.
Everything’s closed on national holidays.
[National celebrations-on everything closed is.]
buli, party – party, more informal celebration
nemzeti ünnep – national holiday
ünnepel – to celebrate
ünnepi – festive
ünnepnap – official holiday
Did you like today’s word? Do you have a favourite memory hook for it or do you get it into your brain in a completely different way? Did we miss something in the explanation?
Share your thoughts, word visualizations or learning tips below in the comments and remember, the more you use a new word, the easier it will stick in your memory!
Wanna learn more?
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Learn the Hungarian Present Tense (in 30 Minutes)
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Everything You Need to Know about “Meg”
- 23 Awesome Hungarian Words that Don’t Exist in English
- 35 Good Reasons You Should Bother Learning Hungarian
- Learn Hungarian Passively: 8 Ways to integrate Hungarian into your Everyday-Life
- Learn the Hungarian Numbers in 9 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)
- Learn the Hungarian Alphabet in 4 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)