to transfer / wire money
Utaltam neked százezer forintot, megérkezett?
I wired you 100.000HUF, did you receive them?
[Wired-I for-you hundred-thousand forint(acc.), arrived?]
Most ezzel mire akarsz utalni?
What do you want to imply with this?
[Now that-with what-on want-you to-imply?]
to transfer money
bankszámla – bank account
befizet – to pay in
számlaszám – account number
utalás – money transfer (n.)
visszafizet – to pay back
emlékeztet (valakit valamire) – to remind (so. on sth.)
idéz – to cite
hivatkozik (valakire / valamire) – to invoke (sb. / sth.), to refer (to so. / sth.)
Not to be confused with:
utál – to hate
utas – passenger
Did you like today’s word? Do you have a favourite memory hook for it or do you get it into your brain in a completely different way? Did we miss something in the explanation?
Share your thoughts, word visualizations or learning tips below in the comments and remember, the more you use a new word, the easier it will stick in your memory!
Wanna learn more?
- FREE Course: The Fast Lane to Understand Hungarian!
- Smart Hungarian Audio Course: Finally Understand Natural, Spoken Hungarian!
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Learn the Hungarian Present Tense (in 30 Minutes)
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Everything You Need to Know about “Meg”
- 23 Awesome Hungarian Words that Don’t Exist in English
- 35 Good Reasons You Should Bother Learning Hungarian
- Learn Hungarian Passively: 8 Ways to integrate Hungarian into your Everyday-Life
- Learn the Hungarian Numbers in 9 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)
- Learn the Hungarian Alphabet in 4 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)