Bevallom, hogy egyetemen puskáztam néhány vizsgán.
I admit that I cheated on some exams at university.
[Admit-I, that university-on cheated-I some exam-on.]
Három tárgyból vizsgázom jövő héten.
I have exams in three subjects next week.
[Three subject-out-of exam-take-I next week-on.]
államvizsga – state examination
átmegy (egy / a vizsgán) – to pass an / the exam
beadandó – deliverable
írásbeli (vizsga) – written exam
izgul – to be nervous
jegy – grade, mark (and also the word for ticket)
megbukik – to fail an exam
puska – cheat sheet
puskázik – to use a cheat sheet, to cheat on an exam
szóbeli (vizsga) – oral exam
vizsgázik – to have an exam, to take an exam
vizsgáztat – to let students take an exam
Not to be confused with:
vizsla – a specific Hungarian dog breed
Did you like today’s word? Do you have a favourite memory hook for it or do you get it into your brain in a completely different way? Did we miss something in the explanation?
Share your thoughts, word visualizations or learning tips below in the comments and remember, the more you use a new word, the easier it will stick in your memory!
Wanna learn more?
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Learn the Hungarian Present Tense (in 30 Minutes)
- Mini Hungarian Lesson: Everything You Need to Know about “Meg”
- 23 Awesome Hungarian Words that Don’t Exist in English
- 35 Good Reasons You Should Bother Learning Hungarian
- Learn Hungarian Passively: 8 Ways to integrate Hungarian into your Everyday-Life
- Learn the Hungarian Numbers in 9 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)
- Learn the Hungarian Alphabet in 4 Easy Steps (with Pronunciation)